– The FG has disclosed that the applications for the recruitment into the third batch of N-Power programme has been impressive so far
– The ministry of humanitarian affairs said the new N-Power programme would be very focused on agriculture
– A spokesperson for the ministry, Rhoda Iliya, stated that the public would be carried along at every stage of the recruitment process
The federal ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development has disclosed that over one million Nigerians in the last 48 hours have applied for the recruitment into the third batch of the N-Power programme.
The spokesperson for the ministry, Rhoda Iliya, in a statement on Sunday, June 28, said 400,000 applicants would be recruited into the third batch of the scheme.
She explained that young Nigerians between the ages of 18-35 with or without formal education are eligible to apply for slots in the new programme which would be very focused on agriculture.
According to Iliya, the ministry was committed to ensuring that the selection process into the third batch of N-Power programme is fair and transparent.
She said the public would be carried along at every stage.
The spokesperson also pointed out that the number of applications so far received indicated that Nigerian youths who need jobs have the confidence in the programme.
Meanwhile, the coronavirus pandemic is negatively impacting Nigeria’s economy as many companies are recording losses, especially due to the lockdown.
According to a survey conducted by Africa International Trade and Commerce Research, 97% of businesses in the country recorded losses during the lockdown while only three percent managed to break even, Premium Times reported.
Also, 87% of the companies surveyed said they have been negatively affected overall by the pandemic.
This is because majority of the countries where they source their products from were on lockdown while have many more have ceased operations.
Legit.ng gathered that the survey was conducted in collaboration with the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture and others.
The researchers captured data from 100 businesses across the country in the survey titled the National Survey Report on the Impact of COVID-19 on Nigerian Private Sector.
The development has led to job loss and pay cut for those who have managed to retain their staff. The survey assessed the impact of the pandemic on medium and small scale businesses in Nigeria.
It was conducted between March 9 and April 10 through e-questionnaire and telephone. According to the survey, only 13% said they have been “positively impacted” by the pandemic and they are in the health sector.
The report also indicates that the situation was worsened by the fact that 60% of the country’s private companies said they do not have any insurance policy or any risk management system.
PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News on Legit.ng News App
N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up Legit TV