African football legend dies of coronavirus just a week after testing positive

African football legend dies of coronavirus just a week after testing positive

– Coronavirus continues to claim more casualties as Mohamed Farah is now the first African footballer to die of Covid-19

– Farah tested positive for the virus a week ago leading to his admission at the Northwest London hospital

– The Somalian legend enjoyed a glittering football career in his country spanning to more than 40 years

Somalia sporting fraternity has been plunged into mourning following the death of football legend Mohamed Farah at the age of 59.

Mohamed Farah is understood to have died from coronavirus on Tuesday, March 25, at the Northwest London hospital.

African football legend dies of coronavirus just week after he tested positive

Born in Beledweyne in Hiiraan province, Farah began his football career while still in school before turning pro. Photo: CAF media.
Source: UGC

His tragic death came just days after he tested positive for the dreaded virus, with the Somalia football federation taking time to pay an impassioned tribute to the 59-year-old.

“Somalia lost football legend Abdulkadir Mohamed Farah to Coronavirus. The legend died at a hospital in London where he was admitted last week,” Somalia FA said in a tweet.

No coronavirus here – Media personality IK Osakioduwa shuts down rumours that he has COVID-19

“The SFF sends condolence to his family, relatives and the entire Somali football family,” the federation added.

Goal.com reports, until his death, Mohamed Farah was acting as an advisor to the ministry of youth and sports in Somalia.

Born in Beledweyne on February 15, 1961, in Hiiraan province, Farah began his football career while still in school before turning pro.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group ‘Naija Football Fanzone’

He went on to represent Batroolka FC in the Horn of Africa region.

Farah becomes the first African footballer to succumb to coronavirus currently ravaging the world.

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Patrick Mboma, former Cameroon international, said his uncle Achille Essome Moukouri lost his life while battling the rampaging coronavirus in the early hours of Monday, March 23.

The 49-year-old is now a consultant at French sports TV channel Canal+ Afrique.

Coronavirus: Family reveals how Nigeria’s first COVID-19 casualty died

According to Patrick Mboma, the sad news was sent to him by his mother.

“Awful news! A call from my mother this morning to tell me that I just lost my uncle Achille Essome Moukouri at 5:00 am Thank you #Covid -19,” Mboma tweeted.

The African footballer of the year 2000 is currently trapped in France as the scourge continues to cripple all forms of activities across Europe.

Patrick Mboma further wrote to his followers that coronavirus is real and everyone should take precaution.

Nigeria still needs Enyeama, Maradona was my toughest opponent – Rufai | Legit TV

[embedded content]

Breaking Reports

leave a comment

Create Account



Log In Your Account